This presentation from Michael Imhotep host of “The African History Network Show” and founder of “The African History Network” analyzes the 2022 blockbuster film “Black Panther: Wakanda Forever” looking at many themes depicted in the film.
There is a shared history between African History and Culture and Mesoamerican History and Culture. They were both Colonized by Europeans. To understand the movie you have to understand some of the history the Black Panther comic book. Many people are inspired to learn more about their history after seeing this film. How do we make that happen? (This presentation is in Digital Download format. Be sure to download the video because the link expires in 72 hours)
Topics Discussed Include:
– African Cultural influences shown in the from different African nations
– Mesoamerican Cultural Influences
– Changes in the character of Prince Namor The Sub-Mariner from the Comicbooks
– Comparissons betweek T’Challa and Mansa Musa, The Richest Man in History
– Spanish Colonizers and Christopher Columbus devastated both Cultures